Friday, September 14, 2007

Fear

One of my friends sent me this from her devotions...it really resonated with me so I wanted to share it with everyone else...

1st John 4:18 " There is NO fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love."

Or the Message version " There is no room in love for fear. Well- formed love banishes fear. Since fear is crippling, a fearful life-fear of death, fear of judgment- is not yet fully formed in love."

Her thoughts: this verse , clearly points out that perfect love, the love that Christ desires us to share with Him and with others, casts out fear. I thought that this verse might be something that you could use as a reminder that perfect love doesn't fear but hopes and trusts.

No comments: