Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Hittin’ it Hard

I had a rude awakening last week. Over the last few months my eating habits during the day had headed downhill fast. While I was still eating fairly healthy for breakfast and dinner, my lunch and snacking habits had gotten way off balance. I had stopped consistently losing weight. But I was still continually gaining muscle from my regular gym visits. Then it suddenly occurred to me. If I just changed my habits back to making healthy choices throughout the day, my weight loss would begin progressing.

When I sat down one day last week and looked at the average numbers of fat and calories I was in taking daily just for lunch, I was shocked. If I just changed that one aspect of my life, I could reach my target weight and size with a whole lot less effort. As well as making myself an overall healthier person.

So, that’s what I have been doing. I’m not letting myself get off easy at the gym, and I’m watching the food choices I am making daily. I’m pushing myself harder and trusting others to help me be accountable.

The irony of my life is this time I had all the knowledge of how to lose weight the right way. I just only followed it for half of my day.

But times have changed. While you may still find me on occasion splurging, as all of us should, it has become the exception not the rule. Watch out world – times they are a changin’

No comments: