Saturday, September 15, 2007

My not-so-fun Saturday

I should have known today was going to be a rough one when I previously decided I needed a "Jeanna Day". I wasn't going to schedule anything in besides hitting the gym and later the 730 service at church. I should know better than to plan ahead.


Thursday I went by the library to see my old co-workers and boss. After only a few minutes of talking with my boss I could see that she was completely swamped and practically drowning in work. I was nearly in tears while talking to her...so I told her to call or email me if she needed help and if I was available I would do anything I could to help her out. I am still on the payroll for just such instances.


Friday she emailed me. I was so glad she asked for help - normally she won't. She needed me to help do an extremely simple but much needed task at one of the branches before Tuesday morning. Of course I said yes - even though I knew it would take 1-2 hours of my day because its a long running program. No big deal I thought - easy to squeeze that into my fairly empty day.


THEN it all went down hill this morning.


Last night my mom got a flat tire on a nail in our garage. I couldn't change it last night so I decided to do it this morning.


Now let me just say this - while I am capable of changing a tire - I do not like to do so. If there had been any man around at the time, I would have gladly begged for assistance. But alas, it fell onto me.


After some minor drama in the changing of the tire I came to discover that the spare tire was either in need of some air or was unhappy at having to work this morning.


And of course this was all discovered 10 minutes before my mom had to leave. So here I am covered in grease (yuck!) and now have to drive my mom somewhere. I have to hop in the shower with some Dawn to cut the grease (the ad doesn't lie, it really does cut grease out of your way) and play chauffer. Then had to fit in a workout and am currently now at the library.


How did my relaxing day end up like this? *Sigh* I guess there's always next weekend...

No comments: