Thursday, December 29, 2005

Jumpin on the bandwagon

So, I too have decided to jump on the 2005 bandwagon and blog the year in review...While I am going to try to do this month by month, some of the dates of things are a little hazy in my mind so some of them may mesh between months....

January - Wow, the start of 2005! It took me weeks to remember to write '05 on things instead of '04. I don't remember much of anything about January except there was LOTS of snow and I was still substituting - thinking I wanted to teach in an elementary classroom...

February - Valentine's Day...normally I day single people dread! This year was flippin awesome though...Tara and I watched Tyler and Austin so their parents Jeanie and Craig could have a night away and we could spoil their boys! Tyler was the best date ever! The boys even made us Valentines! It will forever stick in my mind...

Also, according to Stephen, this was the month we met Laura and Rich! No power at the church, so we all ended up at Stephens!!

March - The month of change...I had decided at this point that I was tired of substituting, I was dreading getting phone calls thinking it may be someone wanting me to sub, and I realized that I needed out. Of course there was no way working only parttime at the library could pay my bills...so I started looking for another job. The very first day I decided to look online, I sent an email to the head of the computer services of the library asking if I could use her as a reference (I was the chosen computer person at Bittersweet and I had worked Saturdays and an evening for her during Student Teaching) because I needed a fulltime job. She wrote back immediately (which hardly ever happens) saying sure and joking that she needed a 25 hour a week person. Suddenly my mind started turning...other people have shared two part-time positions within the branches to make up full-time (it wasn't done regularly because then the library would have to pay benefits) but I decided, it was worth a try - and I immediately drove to our main branch and told her my idea...she flipped out she was so excited! She got me temporarily approved to work extra hours that week when she was desperate until the director got back the next week. I became a full-time employee of the library a week and a half later.

April - I only remember this because of Stephen's blog - nevaeH moved to the Beanery! No more moving couches for us! (Or shall I say for Stephen, Aaron and Marty, hehe). This was also the month that we headed up to Grand Haven for a mini-retreat and IT SNOWED! We were in cabins with NO HEAT! Crazy times I tell you! This was also the trip were Tracy Decker and I christened the "Jump" song ours!

May - It started out a hard month with the anniversary of one of my good friends deaths. Every year this is a hard time for me only this year it was getting a little easier. The support of some awesome friends helped so much! But the most amazing part of this month was the WOMEN'S RETREAT!!! We all really connected this year and had some amazing heart to heart talks with many tears and hugs! This was also when Lindsey and I started to become closer. She pulled me aside to talk about stuff in her life and it was the beginning of a beautiful friendship!

June - Three words - "It's my birthday!" I said this phrase MANY times this year (mainly because it was hilarious!) But I must say turning 25 wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it might be...it was too much fun! Ann and I hit the beach on Friday afternoon (which I never get to because it always rains on my birthday!) The police showed up at my party that night - long story but I will share it with anyone who asks...Saturday we all went to Haci and I got a hat and sung to! And Sunday...we all headed to the beach for tons of fun and then...the dark clouds came...and as we were at a gas station, the tornado sirens went off! Nothing like seeing a bunch of us soaking wet standing in a gas station! Of course then we made it home and headed out to eat at Applebee's only to get sung to again!

Amber and Jarrod finding out they are going to be parents! (which means I get to be an "aunt"!!)

Then there was Ann and Jeff's wedding! It was so much fun and Jessica and Tara danced!!

July - Tara and I headed to Indy over the weekend to visit my brother, nephew and sister-in-law...great times! Then headed back for fireworks on the 3rd and to Tracy Decker's house-sitting home on the 4th! Laura got back from Colorado as well!!!

August - I believe this was when Jonathan came into the picture (it was either July or August) and here we all thought he was a quiet one....man did he pull one over on us! Of course at first no one knew who he was, so we called him Mustang Jonathan...

This was also the month of the Leadership Summit! If you have never been, I highly recommend!! Changed my life and really got me thinking...

Also this was the going away month for Melissa! Crazy Hacienda times, dancing on our "stage" at Laura's and havin some insane times!

Fun times at work - the lab can get crazy in the back room!

September - WOW - Labor Day! The day the war started - no, not a world war, the war of guys vs. girls...The road trip to the beach started it all - followed by being dunked in icy water more than once and continued by the scarring of our lives with a hitch-hiking guy in a speedo! By that point, it was on!

This was also the GCC Baptism when Sarah and Rich got baptized and I was honored by Sarah asking me to go into the water with her! This was such an amazing experience to be on the other side!

And of course, off-roading in Jeremy's then new truck! And, it breaking down on the top of a hill! Man was that insane! Wish I woulda had a camera!

And the sadness of September - when an amazing man from church passed away...it was a loss felt by many...

October - Halloween at Lindsey's with Jess dressed as a scary redneck mullet man! Pictures of such are on my Xanga!

Todd appeared in the picture this month...

Also our road trip to Mars Hill! This was an awesome time - great, and strange, conversation and Rob Bell really gave me some things to think about...

My dad also came for a surprise visit!

AND the WHITE SOX WON THE WORLD SERIES!!!

November - I believe this was the month we got the guys back good! At Naomi's we attacked their cars and tasted victory! Man was this sweet!

This was also the month we all started connecting through blogging! Really addicting!

Thanksgiving at Laura's was a time to remember - spending time with everyone and Melissa visiting!

The worst part of November was the scare of almost losing my dad...it's a miracle he's alive and I must say I truly understood being Thankful this Thanksgiving...

Also my dad and stepmom came to Indy for Thanksgiving and we got to spend time with them along with my brother, sister-in-law and my nephew! We also did Christmas while we were there and my dad's face was priceless as he opened up gifts of White Sox World Series hat and shirt! He was beaming! And believe it or not we also went shopping the day after Thanksgiving and I got HUGE deals at Kohls and ended up with a super-cute super-warm coat! Thanks DAD!

Making 200-something take home boxes for Thanksgiving for my SCK - crazy, insane, stressful but awesome time with people I love...

December - I remember this month the best, well, because we are in it right now! So here is a list...myspace!, Narnia, MANY fun times at Laura's, getting to know new people and connecting with them online, meeting Jason, playing multiple games of Mafia, Guy's Dinner (man did we all look good that night!), Jon finding out he is in fact heading to California, Stephen being gone a freakin long time, mini-road trip to paintball and ended up shopping! (I got some cute new shirts that day!), tons of amazing conversations, an amazing SCK event, Captivating by John and Stasi Eldredge changing my life, extra help coming back to work (yea!), Lil Bro coming home, losing weight, finally realizing God's vision for my life, Christmas Eve at GCC, seeing people I love at Christmas, the upcoming NEW YEARS!!!, the list goes on and on....

I know there are so many things I am missing and will hit myself over later but I am spent...too much thinking...

So here's to a new year! I am sure it will be a great one! And next year I can look back at my blog to see what happened when!!

1 comment:

QueenB said...

What a year we have had! Im so glad we have been able to share so many memories and conversations! I love ya lots! Cant wait to bring in 2006!! Ps. I feel asleep after dinner at 7 oclock I woke up about 1230 this morning! Sorry I missed u guys!!!