Monday, December 05, 2005

Vision

A few months back I was told that God often gives us a vision so big that it is impossible to do without His help. And that if we chose not to follow through with that vision, something would be missing from this world. While this completely blew me away, I never thought it would happen to me. I am not one to break out of my comfort zone very often - especially when it comes to ministry. I guess I have just always thought there were people more qualified out there who could do a better job than I could with just about everything. I just realized that God has given me a vision that absolutely cannot be done without Him.

Let me explain...

Last night we had some great discussion at nevaeH about how we live our lives between the trees (Nooma - Trees) and ended up talking about evangelism and ministry. While it was a good conversation, none of it "hit home" for me during that time. Afterwards we all headed to Laura's to do who knows what...somehow Naomi and I started talking and made our way upstairs for some awesome, soul-searching conversation...slowly others followed, which was totally cool, and then Stephen asked me the hard question (he always does that!) He asked how I was doing. I answered good. Then he really looked at me and asked how my ministry was - how he knew I had been struggling with that when he hadn't read my blog recently, I don't know (well... I guess I do) In talking with Stephen and a few others, I realized the vision God had for me - and boy is it a doozy! While it kinda scares me to step out of my comfort zone and, for lack of a better word, fight for what I know God wants, it also blows me away that God chose me, Jeanna, to do this work for Him. Wow. I have a long road ahead and it won't be easy, but I know it will be worth it. --If you are interested in hearing about this vision, please feel free to ask, I just don't want to get into it all on my blog yet--

This morning while I was getting ready I was listening to the Newsboys Thrive CD and two songs hit me, so I have included the chorus' for them -

Thrive-
Will You lift me up with tender care?
Will You wash me clean in the palm of Your hand?
Will You hold me close so I can thrive?
When You touch me, that's when I know I'm alive

Lord (I don't know)-
Lord, I don't know where all this is going
Or how it all works out
Lead me to peace that is past understanding
A peace beyond all doubt

If all of you could keep me and my ministry in your prayers I would sooo grateful! I know I have the love and support of all my friends to help me keep my focus where it needs to be and my heart optimistic and faithful...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are in my prayers too! I would love to sit down and talk with you about this (and anything else, like usual!) when I come back again after Christmas. I miss you and can't wait to see you! I can totally hear you saying everything that's on this blog! Awesome job at having your personality shine through here! Keep on going! Love ya...Melissa